Keep the germs away
It is only the second month of the year and the Flu is still on the rise. It is important to protect yourself during this time and if you are sick it is essential that you get plenty of rest for your own wellness. According to EHS Today, the impact of cold and flu season extends beyond absenteeism. Sick employees who report to work might be more probable to exercise poor judgment or make mistakes that can cause accidents or inflict some other financial harm on the business. An average of 5% to 20% of the U.S. population contract the flu and 200,000 are hospitalized per year. Below are some suggestions that will help keep you flu and cold free during this season.
- Stay home
- If you are sick, it is okay to let your employer know and make any accommodations
- Staying home will stop the spread of the illness to your coworkers
- Wash your hands
- It is important to keep your hands clean and sanitized to reduce the spread of germs
- Avoid sick individuals
- When possible try to avoid being around people who are sick so you won’t catch any illness they may have
- If you are the one that is sick, limit your interaction with healthy individuals so you won’t pass on your illness onto anyone else
- Clean frequently touched surfaces
- This will include work tools, telephones, and anything else that you touch that might be at your desk or workspace
- Stay informed
- Being aware of your employer’s sick leave policies are beneficial if you do get sick
- Does your employer offer onsite Flu shot clinics?
- Health & wellness fairs are extremely beneficial for preventing illnesses
- Nova Medical Centers hosts exciting health fairs. Not only are you getting a FREE health evaluation, they also teach you healthy eating tips
At Nova Medical Centers we specialize in Occupational Health, if you happen to get sick at work we provide outstanding care for employees who need our help and that have been exposed to anything that is harmful to your health on the job. With over 48 facilities across Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, and Indiana, we offer onsite clinics and corporate health & wellness fairs. We strive to provide the best care.