With fall just around the corner, now is the time to start preparing for flu season. 10% of the population contracts the flu yearly. Though it may not seem like a high percentage, more people are affected than you think. Interacting with people who have been exposed to the flu is inevitable, but it doesn’t mean we can’t better prepare ourselves.
Below are 5 tips to help you fight the flu:
- Get Vaccinated – Vaccinations are the best way to help the prevention of spreading the flu. Nova Medical Centers proudly offers onsite vaccinations. It is important to know the benefits of receiving flu vaccines.
- Sanitizers are your Best Friends – During flu season, sanitizing commonly used surfaces such as computer equipment, doorknobs, desks, and telephones can help keep from spreading the flu. Use cleaning products and disinfectants to kill germs on surfaces.
- Wash Your Hands – Washing your hands several times a day prevents spreading flu germs. Germs can live on anything someone who is infected has touched for over two hours. It is advised to wash your hands several times a day. Use soap and water to thoroughly wash your hands. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Stay Home When You’re Sick – If you have the flu, the best thing you can do for yourself and others is to stay home. Staying home prevents the spreading of the flu.
- Exercise and Eat Healthy – Feeding your body the nutrients it needs to stay healthy and exercising regularly is proven to help you fight viruses. The healthier you are, the less prone to illnesses you become. Work out regularly, eat your veggies and get plenty of sleep. Your body will thank you once flu season arrives.
Nova Medical Centers is here to help protect your workplace and staff from the influenza and COVID-19 by offering a comprehensive onsite service package including:
- Flu Shots
- COVID-19 Saliva Tests
- Temperature Checks
- Self-Administered COVID-19 Saliva Tests