Why Do You Need It?
What is Crystalline Silica and how does it affect workers?
Crystalline silica is a mineral that can be found in many different types of Industrial related materials such as sand, concrete, stone, and mortar. It is also used in making products like glass, pottery, ceramics, bricks, and artificial stone. When these types of materials are sanded down or broken up the dust containing this mineral can be inhaled into a worker’s lungs and with prolonged exposure, it can potentially result in adverse health effects.
OSHA’s ruling was made to safeguard workers from overexposure. To ensure this, employers with PEL (permissible exposure limits) must adopt certain criteria in a medical program tailored to track the workers’ health over time. The purpose of the program is to identify any pre-existing conditions that the worker may have prior to being exposed and then tested again periodically to ensure early detection of any possible exposure while on the job.
Experts in required OSHA medical testing!
At Nova Medical Centers, our medical professionals are trained to be experts in OSHA testing standards and provide rapid results you can trust!
Silica Testings Offered
- Physicals for baseline, annual and exit exams for each worker
- Chest X-ray with a B-Read Certified Radiologist
- Pulmonary (aka Spirometry) Testing conducted by technicians that have completed an approved NIOSH course.
- Tuberculosis Testing (TB)
What Industries the New OSHA ruling for Crystalline Silica could impact:
- Glass Manufacturing
- Jewelry Production
- Refractory Production
- Structural Clay/Pottery Production
- Ready-Mix Concrete
- Cut Stone and Stone Production
- Abrasive Blasting in Maritime Work, Construction, General Industry
- Hydraulic Fracturing for Oil & Gas
- Asphalt Products Manufacturing
- Painting and Coating
Ready to schedule OSHA medical testing or still have questions about Crystalline Silica Testing?
Got your own drug/alcohol TPA/Lab?
We partner as preferred collection site for over 400 Lab/TPA partners including:
- Applicant Insight
- ASAP Drug Solutions
- Corporate Health Resources
- First Advantage
- Hire Right
- National Diagnostics
- Pipeline Testing
- Premise Health
- Quest Diagnostics
- Vault Health / FS Solutions
- Vertical Screen