The month of October celebrates the great opportunities and benefits offered by Physical Therapy (PT). The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) encourages people to “Get involved and urge people to choose physical therapy to improve mobility, manage pain and other chronic conditions, recover from injury, and prevent future injury and chronic disease.”
To be included in the movement and all the PT fun this month, APTA offers various ways to contribute, such as:
- Help spread knowledge about the public about the great benefits of PT.
- Lend a helping hand on October 12, which is PT Day of Service
- Visit the APTA website to access great articles and information about PT.
Different settings of PT
Physical therapy is designed to provide unique and custom treatment techniques to relieve pain and heal injuries for specific patients. Here are just some of the various settings where Physical Therapists can specialize in optimizing patient outcomes:
- Orthopedics focus is on diagnoses related to the musculoskeletal system
- Occupational Health focus is on promoting a healthy and productive workforce
- Neurological focus is on any injury or impairment to the nervous system, such as the brain or spinal cord, where motor and sensory function can be affected.
- Cardiopulmonary focus is on any heart or lung-related ailments
At Nova Medical Centers, we pride ourselves on being a premier Occupational Health provider through our constant pursuit of clinical excellence with our comprehensive approach. Our treatment philosophy is based on current research and clinical practice guidelines and is intended to promote exceptional patient outcomes, improve patient function, reduce the risk of re-injury, and promote a stay at work or full return to work.
For more information about physical therapy or if you can’t decide which option is best for you, visit the American Physical Therapy Association website, along with seeking out to a certified medical professional. Happy National PT Month!
Find out more about the Nova Medical Centers Physical Therapy Department on our website.