f you’re not on Twitter, it’s time for you to join! Twitter can serve as a fantastic professional development tool that you can browse when you have some down time, but finding the right follows can be challenging.
One way you can do this is by using the built in search tool on Twitter and browse conversations and accounts for #physicaltherapy. These results can be overwhelming for beginners so we want to help you get started by recommending a few fantastic physical therapy follows.
- @APTAtweets – If you’re a PT then you have to follow the official Twitter account for the American Physical Therapy Association. This account highlights the latest news, research, and even tips on using Twitter! You can also find a lot of colleagues to follow by browsing their followers list.
- #SolvePT Chat– While not an official account, the #solvePT chat is a powerful resource for physical therapist looking to connect with colleagues on a weekly basis to discuss industry topics. The chat is every Tuesday from 9-10 p.m. EST. Head here for more information and a guide on setting up for a Twitter chat.
– Brought to you by the APTA, the Move Forward account unites PTs with interesting blog posts, research, and of course their industry leading podcast. This is also a great account to recommend to your patients for interesting reads from the industry.
– This account is perfect for when you have some time to read the latest PT news. Physical Therapy Web aggregates stories from leading doctors and sources to create the dream reading list for busy PTs like you.
– Stay up-to-date with the latest openings, news from our facilities, and industry news from our PT team’s Twitter account! You’ll also love the Youtube videos our team creates on a monthly basis.