Learn why Occupational Medicine facilities are the best option for workplace injuries
You’ve been injured on the job, now what? You could either go to an Urgent Care facility where anyone with an injury goes or you could go to an Occupational Medicine facility where the doctors specialize in occupational injuries. The more services a medical facility offers, the larger its clientele is and the more challenging it becomes. Below are 7 reasons why you should always go to an Occupational Medicine clinic for a work-related injury.
- Lower Wait Times: At Urgent Care facilities, anyone is welcome. This may include infants suffering from the flu to the elderly coming in for joint pain. At these facilities, wait times can skyrocket! Occupational Medicine facilities such as NOVA have lower wait times because they are not open to the entire population and focus strictly on workplace injuries.
- Service: Since the physicians at Occupational Medicine facilities only deal with work-related injuries, they don’t have to spend as much time researching and trying to figure out a diagnosis. This provides efficient and effective services to the patients.
- Caregiver: From the time you walk in, to the time you leave, NOVA staff members welcome you with a warm smile and open arms. Injuries may be frustrating, but our professional staff has been trained to treat each patient with the respect they deserve and to sympathize with them during the process. Our medical professionals are also trained to work with employees and are specialized in treating occupational Building a relationship and providing good service can ensure a better recovery for the patient.
- Follow-Ups: At NOVA, our physicians send digital updates and recommendations in real time through our online reporting system, Occuflex. In our evolving technology world, this is a great way to follow a patient anywhere. In addition to Occuflex, employers are also contacted personally to see how the employee is recovering and adjusting after their visit.
- Recovery Time: No one wants to be out of work for an extended period of time after a work-related injury as this can make it even harder to return to normal functionality. Occupational health professionals understand the importance of a rapid return to work. They spend enough time to properly diagnose the illness but are quick enough to get the patient back in a timely manner.
- Convenience: NOVA Medical Centers does their best to make it convenient for employees who have incurred a work-related injury. Courtesy Injury transportation is provided for patients to and from clinics. In addition, we provide in-house Physical Therapy where employees will not have to drive anywhere for physical therapy services.
- Workers Compensation: When dealing with insurance and workers’ compensation claims, an Occupational Medicine facility is more likely to understand the process. At NOVA, we not only focus on the patient but also on the needs of the company to ensure the patient’s treatment is compliant with the corporation.
Occupational Medicine facilities are tailored to treat employees who have been injured on the job while Urgent care facilities are open to the entire population. When dealing with a work-related injury, it is best to go to an Occupational Medicine facility to get treated. After all, you wouldn’t visit a neurologist for a broken bone.
NOVA Medical Centers specializes solely in Occupational Health. From our friendly staff to our superb services, we tailor our care to every single patient. Our clients speak highly of our speedy recovery, short wait times, and friendly staff. Click here to read testimonials on our loyal clients and their experience with NOVA medical centers.