It’s Springtime and that means the days are a bit longer and there is so much fun to be had outside with family and friends. This can definitely interfere with good sleep, but so can a million other factors like stress, crazy schedules, and looming deadlines. So, what do YOU do to ensure you get better sleep? Here’s a few thing I do to get better rest at night.
- Power down: Yup. Put that smartphone down and turn off the television. The soft blue glow from a cell phone, tablet, or digital clock on your nightstand may hurt your sleep.
- Have a set bedtime: Your body likes routine. Pick a time to go to bed every night and stick to it.
- Save your bed for sleep: Your bedroom should be a place of relaxation and solace. Don’t use it to do work or watch t.v.
- Nix the caffeine: Caffeine in the evening hours can really affect your sleep. Stop drinking anything with caffeine by 5:00 p.m.
- Smart eating: Don’t eat anything too heavy right before bedtime. Small healthy snacks can get you through the night.
- Lower the Lights: Dim them around your home 2 to 3 hours before bedtime. Lower light levels signal your brain to make melatonin, the hormone that brings on sleep.
What habits do you have that help aid in a good night’s rest? Comment below!