Introducing Nova Medical Centers Telemedicine for Workplace Injuries!
Telemedicine can be used for first time and follow-up visits for workplace injuries. Face to face interaction with the provider is always preferred in achieving the best treatment results. If you have an issue which requires a physical exam, your condition may be more involved and referral to a local Nova Medical Centers or your PCP may be necessary.
What Telemedicine Treats
- First-degree burns
- Strains / Sprains
- Bruises / Contusions
- Abrasions / Scrapes
- Rashes / Burns
- Tendonitis/repetitive use injuries
- Bloodborne pathogen exposure
- Minor functional movement injuries
As always, severe or life-threatening medical conditions should be sent to the ER.
What do my Employees Need?
- Access to a smart phone, capable of video streaming, connected to the internet through cell service or WiFi.
- Access to a quiet, private location, if possible. Steps should be take to ensure the patient’s privacy.
How to use Telemedicine for Workplace Injuries
- Patient calls 1-888-333-5018
- Nova Coordinator will perform your intake
- Patient receives text to download app (if applicable)
- Patient receives text to join telemedicine visit
- Patient clicks link and joins telemedicine visit
Please note these services are available from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm